Online Attendance Form
Early – 9:10 am
- Lorton Station Elementary School will supervise students starting at 9:05 am. To keep our students safe, walkers and car riders should arrive at school no earlier than 9:05 am.
On Time – 9:20 am
- The first bell rings at 9:15 am. Students should be in their seats by 9:20 am.
Tardy - After 9:20 am
- Children are considered tardy when they arrive after the second bell (9:20 a.m.). Late arrivers must report to the office before going to class.
If your child is either going to be absent or tardy for any reason, please contact the school at 571-642-6060, use our online attendance form, or email the attendance line at: LortonStationElem.Attendance@fcps.edu by 10:30 am. If the school does not receive a call or email from a parent, the absence will be considered unexcused. Each student returning from an absence should present a note from a parent or guardian stating the reason for the absence.
Be sure to include the following information in your emails to our attendance account:
- student name
- homeroom teacher
- date of absence(s)
Excused Absence and Tardy
- Illness of the student, death in the family, doctor or dentist appointment, and observance of a religious holiday.
Unexcused Absence and Tardy
- Family trip, childcare situation, oversleeping, non-school related activity, traffic or missed bus. It is critical to your child’s success that they are in school and on time daily.
- We encourage family trips during scheduled school vacations. We strongly discourage such trips during the school year because these extended absences interrupt sequential learning in many subject areas. Virginia law requires us to withdraw any student who is absent from school for 15 days or more from our enrollment. Upon the student’s return a parent must again officially enroll him or her.