2018-2019 School Innovation and Improvement Plan (SIIP)
For a full copy of the Title I Schoolwide Plan please contact the principal or front office.
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Lorton Station Elementary School
Joanne Jackson, Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome - Reading
By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, there will be a 10% reduction in the number of students in grades K-3 that were identified as needing intervention by the Universal Screener. By June 2019 students in grades 3-6 will achieve a pass rate of 81% on the Reading SOL.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome - Mathematics
By the end of the 2018-2019 school year, there will be a 10% reduction in the number of students in grades 1-3 that were identified as needing intervention by the Universal Screener. By June 2019 students in grades 3-6 will achieve a pass rate of 78% on the Math SOL.
- We will build the collective efficacy of our Teacher Teams.
- Develop a common understanding and tools for giving and getting peer feedback on instructional goals in order to continuously improve classroom practice.
- Prioritize time in CLT meetings around building content knowledge, sharing/reflecting on practice, and discussing students by name and need.
- Utilize structured RI/MTSS processes to strategically build in supports for students in academics, behavior, and wellness.
2. We will build respectful and productive classroom communities.
- Utilize PBIS and RC strategies and language to build positive relationships and teach students appropriate school behavior.
- Intentionally plan student discourse and language goals into daily instruction.
- Intentionally provide opportunities for students to reflect on their learning as a part of well-rounded instructional workshops.