Arrival and Dismissal Information
- Students can enter the building starting at 9:00 AM.
- Children should be in class ready to start their school day by 9:20 AM.
- Dismissal starts at 3:55 PM.
All Walkers: Use Door #2
- All Kindergarteners must be met and walked home with a family member who is 16 years of age or older.
- 1st – 6th walkers should walk home immediately after leaving the building.
- Children absolutely may not leave as a ‘walker’ to then meet a parent at a car parked in our neighborhood.
- If you must travel by car, you will need to utilize the Kiss & Ride line. Door #4 is only staffed until 9:20 AM. If you arrive after that time, please PARK, bring your student to our main entrance (Door #1) and sign them in at the front office (please do not drop them off in our bus loop in front of the school.) Note: Fairfax County regulations prohibit parking within ten feet of a driveway.
Kiss & Ride: Use Door #4
Our Kiss & Ride line operates behind LSES (Door #4) – turn into our side parking lot and follow the car line/instructions.
- Children exit on the right (passenger) side of the vehicle.
- Drivers are to remain in the car at all times. Please do not pass other cars in the Kiss & Ride line at any time.
- Kiss & Ride is only staffed until 9:20 AM. If you arrive after that time, please bring your student to our main entrance (Door #1) and sign them in at the front office.
- Drivers are to remain in the car at all times. Your LSES Kiss & Ride Car Tag must be displayed on your rearview mirror
- Please pull forward as directed by staff. Please do not pass other cars in the Kiss & Ride line at any time.
- Students will be called by number when parents arrive in the Kiss & Ride line to pick them up.
- Kiss & Ride is only staffed until 4:15 PM.
Once students are dismissed at 3:55 PM, the wait is typically no longer than 15 minutes.
- Families should be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to the listed pick-up time.
- Transportation can be reached directly at 703-446-2150.
- Daily bus delays are listed at www.busdelay.fcps.edu.
- Families can sign up for the FCPS Here Comes the Bus App to receive real-time bus location information. Details here: https://www.fcps.edu/resources/safety-and-transportation/transportation-services/here-comes-bus-mobile-app (or search ‘’Here Comes the Bus’’ at FCPS.edu).
- Early Pick Ups: Early student pick-ups are allowed prior to 3:30 PM. Please send a note to your child’s teacher to let them know of the early dismissal. If your child is being picked up during their specials time (music, PE, art, etc.), please be aware that they will need additional time to return to the classroom to pack up their belongings. Parents who are picking up children early will wait outside at Door #1 while the student is escorted out to them.
- Same Day Dismissal Changes: Same day dismissal changes must be communicated to the front office prior to 3:30 PM so that we have enough time to make sure your child receives the information. A written note to the classroom teacher is also appreciated BUT, as classroom teachers may not have an opportunity to check their email before the end of the day, ALL dismissal change MUST be communicated to the front office.